Welcome to the website of the Parish of St. Catherine of Siena! Our parish is a vibrant, growing community with a passion for service and the love of Christ.
Please take some time to look around our site, and be sure to let us know if you have suggestions for improving it. We're glad you joined us!
On the first Sunday after Easter, April 12, St. Catherine's will be holding a Devine Mercy Sunday devotion at 3 p.m.
The parish will also be holding a short Novena prayer for nine days leading up to Divine Mercy Sunday:
- Good Friday (April 3) after 12pm Stations at Church: For all sinners
- April 4 after 11am Blessing of Easter Baskets at Church: For Priests & Religious
- April 5 Before 11am Mass at Parish Ctr: For Faithful Souls
- April 6 after 8am Mass at Church: For Non-Believers
- April 7 after 8am Mass at Church: For those separated from Church
- April 8 after 7pm Mass at Church: For Children
- April 9 after 8am Mass at Church: For Merciful Souls
- April 10 at 8:30am at Church: For those in Purgatory
- April 11 after the 4:30 Mass at Parish Center: For those having doubts in the faith.
- Holy Thursday - Mass of the Lord's Supper: April 2nd at 7:00pm at the Parish Center
- Good Friday: April 3rd - Stations of the Cross at 12:00 Noon at the Church Followed by Divine Mercy Novena
- Celebration of the Lord's Passion at 3:00pm at the Parish Center
- Holy Saturday: April 4th - Blessing of Easter Food Baskets at 11:00am at the Church Followed by Divine Mercy Novena
- Holy Saturday - Easter Vigil Mass: April 4th at 7:30pm at the Parish Center
- Easter Sunday: April 5th - 8:00am at the Church; 9:30am and 11:00am at the Parish Center. Divine Mercy Novena will be Prayed Prior to the 11:00am Mass (approx. 10:40)
Never knowing when a cardiac event may occur, on March 10, 2015, the Knights of Columbus at St. Catherine of Siena Church have provided the parish with Automatic External Defibrillation (AED) units. Using an AED in conjunction with Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) increases the chances of survival for someone in cardiac arrest.
In order to ensure that a trained responder is available at church functions, the Knights and the Ushers of the church will soon be trained in CPR and the use of AEDs with the help of Hunterdon Medical Center. Both parish locations -- the church in Pittstown and the Parish Center in Union Township -- are now equipped with AED units.
Did you know that some form of the word 'sweet' is used in the Bible 118 times? Here's an example from Proverbs 24:13: "Eat honey, my son, for it is good; honey from the comb is sweet to your taste."
On February 14-15th, St. Catherine's parishioners were certainly loyal to the word as they purchased and consumed approximately 140 sweet desserts from the Rosary Society Bake Sale. The Rosarians pass along their gratitude to members who baked and helped sell, and to parishioners who stayed after Masses to support the works of this vital group of women in our parish.
The weekend of Feb. 14-15 is celebrated by the Church as World Marriage Day. Father Chester led parish couples in a renewal of their wedding vows at all Masses to "honor husband and wife and to salute the beauty of their faithfulness."
The celebration is also intended to remember and support those who are widowed, separated and divorced and all who need to feel the Church's maternal care in the circumstances in which they find themselves.
Father Chester asked parishioners to pray for every family in our parish, especially for those families whose lives are made difficult by health issues, financial woes, and other obstacles they encounter, not only on World Marriage Sunday but every day.
Mass ScheduleMon, Tues, Thurs: 8:00 a.m. (Church)
Wednesday: 7:00 p.m. (Church)
Saturday: 4:30 p.m. (Parish Center)
Sunday: 8:00 a.m. (Church)
9:30 a.m., 11:00 a.m. (Parish Center)
- April 12: Divine Mercy Holy Hour - 3-4pm @the Church
- April 26: Knights of Columbus Blood Drive - 9am-1pm @the Parish Center